Help out at conferences for free passes (and food).
1. Will I be paid for the conference opportunities?
While no remuneration is expected, students will receive
- a conference pass to the event
- flexibility in working hours (for ushering/logistical help)
- flexibility in working location (for transcription)
2. Am I required to submit a report at the end of the attachment?
Yes. 3 weeks after the conference, students are required to submit:
- Report on conference (200 words)
- Reflection on how the attachment changed/taught them (200 words)
- List of possible innovations / improvements for the conference & organization (200 words)
3. Is there a minimum commitment period?
Students who are providing ushering/logistical help would need to volunteer at least 50% of the conference duration. For transcription, students are required to commit a minimum of 18 hours for the project.
4. I'm interested! How do I go about applying?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email heading: Conference Application.
5. When will placement results be released?
Results will be released through email on 15 May 2017. There are two possible outcomes:
A. Conference opportunity is confirmed
B. You are currently on a waitlist
Students must confirm their acceptance by 12 noon on 16 May 2017. For students on a waiting list, results will be released on 17 May 2017.
6. Who should I contact if I have questions?
Send us an email at email@example.com with the heading: Conference Questions. We apologize in advance that due to a high volume of applications, we may not respond in time. As such, we advise students to fill up the application below and write down the questions in the last section of the form.
You may choose to accept or reject the conference opportunity upon email confirmation. Should you reject the opportunity, you will be given a coupon voucher for another learning opportunity.