What is Personal Data?
Personal data refers to data about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
Such personal data includes your name, resume, home address, email address, telephone number(s), date of birth, NRIC number, passport number, date of issue and place, driver’s license number and expiration, photographs, videos, images and other information that we may collect from you or provided by you through transactions or services that would support our cause.
Purpose for Information Collection
Personal data collected by Education Volunteer Network is mainly to help us understand your needs better, provide quality services and for administration purposes.
These purposes include the following;
• To provide matching services for learning opportunities.
• To notify members, volunteers and partners of programs and learning opportunities
• To comply with legal process or legal requirements of any government agencies;
• For EVN membership application and registration;
• To process and respond to enquiries;
• For identity verification;
• For internal statistical analysis;
How do we acquire your personal data?
As a service provider we are required to collect relevant personal data for each type of activity and make sure we secure relevant consent from you. Personal data may be collected from a number of channels through:
• E-forms from our website
• Written forms for assessments, agreements and registrations
• Telephone calls for enquiries
• Images and videos taken by representatives during events
• Business cards or contacts through networking or events
Current usage of personal data
Personal Data collected prior effective date of 22 May 2017 of the personal data protection act will still be used provided that is not being used outside its purpose. In an event that these personal data is used for new purposes other than EVN related services/events, rest assured that you will be notified will and we will ask for your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Data
• To research institutes and Social Service Agencies (SSAs) in partnership with our service;
• To government agencies in compliance to legal requirements and legal process;
• To authorised individuals with your given consent;
These external organisations shall not be allowed to use such personal data for anything other than the purpose given to them.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you do not want to share your personal data, you may submit a non-disclosure request to prevent your information from being shared to other external organisations by email: email@example.com
We may require 3 to 5 working days to process from the date of your request. Once the consent is withdrawn we may not be able provide you complete service.
Access to Personal Data
We can provide and help you access your own personal data:
• Request for personal copy
• For update or correction
• Request for deletion
Please write in officially with your reason(s), to our data protection officer through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may refute your access in cases if and when such related personal data is under legal proceeding, no proper identification or request is carried out with suspected fraudulent intent. We have the right to charge you a nominal fee at our discretion based on how difficult and or hours spent on the process of extraction.
Updating Personal Data
As a service provider it is important for us to ensure that your personal data is accurate, updated and complete. We ask for your cooperation to advise us of any changes to your personal data. For corrections, please contact our data protection officer through email: email@example.com
We will retain your personal data within reasonable time until request of deletion or required by law.
Education Volunteer Network takes personal data protection seriously and of the highest importance. We use reasonable precautions to prevent the misuse, accidental loss and unauthorised access or disclosure of personal data.
We use security measures such as:
• Restriction of personal data access within the organisation
• Implementation and maintenance of information technology to prevent unauthorised access, accidental loss or damaged records.
Changes to Policy
Effective Date: 22 May 2017